Thursday, March 3, 2011

Folding paper, lots and lots of paper!

Usually you just fold a lot of paper for what goes underneath your scenery to give it "Shape" .  So we get to make use of a ton of paper.   Basically the end result for your paper is whats above.  You'll need A LOT of paper, since this will be going where our characters will be walking.  See now why we added that extra support from the previous post?  So how do you get the paper to what's above?  Basically you place your palm in the middle of the paper and roll the surrounding edges inward to give it a fluff.  You're basically trying to get the paper to look like the top of a mushroom once you have enough of these we'll make use of them in the next entry.

Adding support to where our characters will be moving about

So we need to add some more support to where are characters will be actively moving.  So you know what that means?  We need more cardboard and more duct tape! 

Let's put up another wall much like how we did our scenery outline wall but let's put up two separate sections of where our characters will be.

We'll need some support for below the characters feet so I'm just going to grab a book, roll it in duct tape place it where the characters will be walking.  Next we'll place cardboard over the book tape it down and cut off the excess cardboard. 

Your final product for your area should look something similar to what's below kinda even, kinda not.

Planning the layout of your scene and plotting your characters path.

So today we're planning where everything will be that the person watching the video will be seeing.  Without giving away everything here's a picture below with what I have planned for my scenery and yes that says "Beaver Dam"

Next let's make a few lines where our two characters will be moving in our little environment. 
We need to know exactly where our characters will be moving, Why?  We'll have to add some extra support later so they'll be able to stand properly and be level.  But we'll be doing that in the next blog entry.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

So I went and picked up a few supplies today.

Went a bought a few things today, paint, cardboard, rocks, new turf, some glue, a spray bottle with the measurements for the glue on the side, foam brushes and some plaster cloth.  Spent a total of $58.64 cents, the cost of this project is slowly starting to add up.  Since I first spent roughly $50ish when I first started building.  Still I'm having fun making this and I think that is all that matters.

I don't know about you guys, but I work a minimal wage job delivering pizza and I'm a full time student.  Spent close to sixty bucks is a lot of money to me.  But I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011


So today I did it, I hit 100 followers after only two weeks!  I'm happy that you guys have decided to follow and read my silly blogs.  So guys, thanks for the follows, and for commenting and giving your input on my project.  Thanks!  I'll have a new post later today once I get home from college work.